Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brighter Death Now - Where Dreams Come True CD











01. Adipocere
02. Thirtyseven
03. Sperm on Your Jacket
04. Innerwar
05. American Tale
06. I Hate You
07. Happy Nation

I purchased this CD the other day from Malignant Records and I am glad I did, I was actually at this concert in Chicago Friday the 13th 2003 and have to say that it was one of the best power electronics shows I have ever attended. This CD sounds very clear, not what I was expecting at first listen but I guess Roger Karmanik pulled the sound directly from the boards that night. The bass is amazing on this release and everything crisp and nasty. As Adipocere opens you can feel the throbbing and the vocal samples from the tape decks leading you deeper into the song and full aggression takes place with Karmaniks fanatical well planned vocals toying with your emotions until the next batch of queasy feeling samples plays out. A notable on this CD for me is Innerwar, one of my favorites from BDN completely molests your ears with the vibrations of bass, sick voiced samples, and high frequencies. There really isn’t a bad track on this CD but the only thing that I don’t like about it is the fact that you can’t witness the sound of the crowd during or between tracks. This CD rings in a ringing 60 + minutes. Cold Meat Industry and Jinx put this CD together with nice artwork and packaging consisting of a 4 panel digipak with foil embossing. Karmanik involved the crowd into the artwork of this release to give a more live feeling I assume but none the less it is an all around good purchase. Remember you’re a victim, not a survivor.